"The bald guy in the black suit and the Kato mask is Johnny Mo, the head general of O-Ren's personal army, the Crazy 88."
Working With O-RenEdit
After the Massacre at Two Pines, O-Ren took control of major Japanese corporations; causing her to control some of the Japanese Yakuza, including the Crazy 88. Since she controls the Crazy 88, Mo must follow her orders and he and his group become her main army of Yakuza fighters.
Young killer, Gogo Yubari, is also another one of O-Ren's personal guardians. She works alongside the Crazy 88 even though she is not an official member.
Showdown at the House of Blue LeavesEdit
After Beatrix Kiddo woke from her four-year long coma, she hungered for revenge on the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad and wanted to kill all of the members within the Squad. Beatrix traveled to Tokyo Japan to kill O-Ren Ishii first. While Beatrix was fighting against some of O-Ren's guards and Gogo Yubari at the House of Blue Leaves, O-Ren secretly tipped off the Crazy 88 to arrive and kill Beatrix.
Mo battled alongside the Crazy 88 to try to kill Beatrix. Mo fought Beatrix one-on-one three times. The first time surprising her on the main floor and cutting her leg, before withdrawing.
He later fought her again twice on the upper level. The first time was on the upper level floor balcony after she jumped to the next level to get higher ground and Mo followed her. The second fight was cut short as The Bride, realizing more was heading upstairs, ran away to regain control of the main floor.
The third and final battle Mo had with The Bride was on the upper level banister as he was the only one of the Crazy 88 still standing. During this fight his incredible agility enabled him to keep up with her. However, she was able to cut his legs off, causing him to fall to his apparent death.
- Swords: Mo was skilled with the use of shoto.
- Martial arts: Mo was the only member of the Crazy 88 to pose a threat to Kiddo.
- Kato is a reference to "The Green Hornet".
- His weapon of choice is a pair of shōtō.
- He is portrayed by Gordon Liu, who also plays Pai Mei.
- Even though the Crazy 88 is a Japanese fighting group, Johnny Mo actor Gordon Liu is a Hong Kong martial artist and actor.
- Michael Madsen was Quentin Tarantino's original choice to play him.
- The character was a huge fan of "hammer and sexploitation" films of the 1970's, according to the script.